Thursday, July 4, 2013

Loving Kindness

I was very open minded and excited to learn and begin using this technique. I read through the procedures at least three times that way I wouldn't have to keep going back to remember the next step. I felt that might hinder my connection. At first it was a little hard to reach a clear mind. I felt myself go clear and ready to move on but then I would start thinking about something random. Every time that occurred I tried to stop and start again. I feel in doing this I can really grasp the concept and learn how to become one and truly start with a blank state. I would definitely recommend this to others. I loved how peaceful I felt after I finished. I feel like I had more patience through out the day as well. I also enjoyed thinking about someone who really needed thoughts. I feel that making an afford to think of those who might be suffering at least sends positive vibes their way. On this day I thought about the 19 firefighters that lost their lives and their families left behind. Truly a tragedy, however it is unfortunately a fate that many heroes except.


As a person who is an avid fitness going, I truly believe in the benefits of mental workouts. IF you do not practice something you will not get better at it. As I mentioned above the beginning step of the practice is the one I felt most difficult because I have always been prone to a wandering mind.  I truly believe this exercise could help me because of this issue as well as I have a hard time shutting off my thoughts at night in order to go to sleep. I will continue to practice, I have strong beliefs that this practice is what I need to build a strong mind body connection.

No comments:

Post a Comment